SJK(C) Ave Maria Convent was formerly a missionary school which was established in 1938. It became a government-funded school in 1958. The founder of the school was Reverend Mother Pauline Lagrix (1899-1988).

After World War II, Reverend Mother Pauline named the school " Convent Teik Sie". It started off with only 12 classrooms.

With the increase of the number of students, the school was moved to a new location and was named SJK(C) Ave Maria Convent. The first headmistress of the school was Sister Thomas Foo.

Today SJK(C) Ave Maria Convent is a two-session school and has 36 classrooms, two halls, a library, a computer room, a science laboratory, a meeting room, a music room, a canteen and a dental clinic. All the classrooms are fully equipped with LCD Projectors and Computers. The school has 86 dedicated teachers and a total number of 2089 students.

Many activities are carried out in school such as the Radio AMC, E-learning, Chinese Calligraphy Class, Chinese Orchestra Training Class, Olympic Mathematics Training, Choir, Games, Recorder Classes and Go Green AMC.

Due to the pupils' excellent achievement in their academic performance and sports, the school is categorized as " Band One School" in the state and National Level. The school is also selected by the State Educational Department as one of the candidates for Cluster School and high performing school.

The school administrators always strive to improve the school towards the holistic development of the pupils.